It’s been awhile since I posted. I’ve been busy working on creating the website for the ANGRY NDN GIRL RADIO [ANGR] Podcast – it’s live now, btw so be sure to check it out.
I’m very excited about this month’s show, which I’m refering to as the QUEER episode.
I’ll also post the audio on my YouTube channel if that’s more your speed.
In the meantime, here are some other great podcasts about Pride History, curated by Inside Podcasting:
- iHeartRadio’s “Stuff You Should Know” did an episode on “Remembering Stonewall” in 2017. While it might be an old episode, it is an important one to listen to since it provides context for the upcoming episodes. This episode centers on the Stonewall Riots that “galvanized the gay rights movement” in the US.
- “Making Gay History” has been on since 2016 with a vision to bring “the largely hidden history of the LGBTQ civil rights movement to life” through conversations with and about members of the community. Shreya: The episode I recommend you start with is “Everything Clicked…And The Riot Was On.”
- “Gender Reveal” is about the range of experiences through conversations with a “wide array of trans, nonbinary, and two-spirit people.” They’ve created starter packs to explore topics such as Black Trans Live Matters, Trans Parenting, and Pronouns.
- “History is Gay” features two “queer nerds” talk about all things in humanity’s past that are wonderful and gay. Shreya: My favorite episode was on “Queers in the Civil Rights Movement,” which told stories of queer folks who made contributions to the Civil Rights Movement but their “queerness has been overlooked or erased.”
- “LGBTQ&A” is a must-listen-to weekly podcast, hosted by Jeffrey Masters, for those who want to know the history and current affairs happening in LGBTQ+. Shreya: The episode on “The Love Story That Changed History” talks about the landmark Obergefell v. Hodges civil rights case; start with this.
Additionally, I highly recommend the “You’re Wrong About” episode on Stonewall.
Mi’iwi [that’s all]