Top 10 Things I’m Most Looking Forward To this Summer
1. Flirting with the Amish boys when I go to town to buy grain each week.
2. Picking fresh fruit all summer long… strawberries, blue berries, black berries, Cruncberries…wait, scratch that last one. Also, being able to buy fruit fresh picked by someone else in the Wal-Mart parking lot.
3. Working the land as I watch the sun come up, then siesta in the afternoon.
4. Gramm’s home cookin’
5. Spending time with my nieces and nephew while we enjoy the animals down home on the farm, at the beach, at the park, at Grandma’s… you get the idea!
6. Beadwork, horse-back riding, running, canoeing, gymnastics, guitar, piano, traveling, writing postcards, getting postcards (because everyone is on vacation), reading all those books I’ve been meaning to get to, writing all those books I’ve been meaning to write, skipping rope, going to the beach, harmonica, dance…
7. Having the time to actually do everything listed in #6
8. Yatch races and the promise of a Mackinac Island Fourth!
9. Not spending my summer chained in front of a computer and actually spending it with my friends and family in real life instead.
10. China, baby!